Location: Vancouver, BC, Remote location
What is Findem:
Findem is HR 2.0. We’re a fast-growth startup with an ambitious vision and the technology to back it up. Our People Intelligence platform uses true AI and machine learning to provide critical solutions for talent acquisition and people analytics functions. With the deep insights that our platform provides, companies can build more engaged and diverse teams, and close their talent gaps faster. We have an amazing opportunity to establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
We’re backed by top-tier investors including Wing Venture Capital – the same firm who backed Snowflake, Cohesity and Gong. Findem powers businesses across scaling, pre-IPO and publicly traded companies who trust us to solve their biggest HR and Talent challenges. We have an incredibly skilled and collaborative team that values curiosity, diversity, openness, and building great experiences every day for our customers. By joining Findem, you will have the unique opportunity to help define what the future of HR looks like for every business.
What you’ll be doing:
The Architect will lead a high-performing, diverse engineering team to design, develop, and deploy software components, microservices, workflows, and APIs. They will be responsible for ensuring the continued success of the team by driving technical excellence and rigor. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned engineering leader that is able to distill abstract business requirements into high-level software architectures. The Architect will collaborate with SWEs, PMs, functional leaders to define the technology direction including best practices and culture.
The Architect will be responsible for orchestrating the creation of software solutions that meet the needs of our customers. The ideal candidate will be an expert problem solver with a broad technical background and experience with solving diverse technical challenges. In addition to having strong technical acumen, they should possess strong communication skills, and be effective in working with team members from various departments. The Architect will be joining a diverse team with a vibrant culture, where team success is as important as individual contributions.
- Deep technical expertise with web applications and architectures
- Experience building and scaling distributed cloud service architectures
- Experience working at an early-stage startup, shaping the technology stack, infrastructure and operations
- Excellent at handling all project phases including planning, design, implementation, review, test, deployment and performance tuning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and communicate with a high-level of professionalism with customers, engineers, designers, product managers, project managers
- Committed to deadlines, with excellent project management experience
- Dependable, responsible, flexible, and resourceful
- Pursuing professional growth in architecture
- 5-7 years of architecture experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
The Architect will be a mentor for both junior and senior engineers and lead by example in both communication and code, contributing to any aspect of the stack as needed. The Architect will drive key cross functional efforts to achieve technical success, and successful business outcomes.
- Work on complex software in a fast-paced environment
- Manage multiple projects at the same time
- Provide regular status updates to upper management on various projects and keep them abreast of risk, issues and mitigation plans
- Lead requirements collection meetings to clarify functional and operational requirements to define functionality and operations
- Coordinate and document requirements and technical design
- Evaluate design, development, testing, and confirm that results are consistent with business processes
- Make high-level design choices and dictate technical standards, including coding standards, tools, and platforms
- Design multi-tiered architecture and component interactions of a large-scale software system
- Provide guidance to large teams, has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
- Instrument applications to emit the right metrics
- Collect, aggregate and visualize the metrics to provide actionable insight
- Track record of implementing highly reliable software.
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure service providers, including AWS.
The Architect will work with some of the brightest engineers. To be successful, they will need to be deeply technical and capable of holding their own with other strong peers. The Architect must possess excellent communication, collaboration, and diplomacy skills. They must have experience practicing infrastructure-as-code, including using tools like Terraform, Ansible. They must have strong software development fundamentals and skills. In addition, they must have strong systems knowledge and troubleshooting abilities.
The Architect must love solving problems at scale, and prefer to write scalable, reliable, and testable software to automate infrastructure management. The architect must be excellent at troubleshooting, and must be deeply technical.
The role is full time and comes with full benefits. We hare headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, but this role can be fully remote.
As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.